People Finder Online User Guide
FINDING PEOPLE AT VANDERBILT
Public and Vanderbilt Community Information
People Finder displays people information in two views: Public and Vanderbilt Community.
- Public View – Limited information deemed "Public" by faculty, staff and students accessible to anyone who has Internet access.
- Vanderbilt Community View – Information restricted to the Vanderbilt community. Information includes public information plus additional information an individual chooses to restrict to the Vanderbilt community. To view restricted information, you must log into People Finder using your VUnetID and e-password.
Looking for People
Fill in the name fields with a complete or partial name. DO NOT include punctuation in your search. (You cannot search on name and department at the same time.) Click < FIND >.
Note: To view restricted information for faculty, staff and students, you must log into People Finder using your VUnetID and e-password.
- Last Name: The last name field is REQUIRED. If you enter a partial last name, the results will include a list of people whose last name begins with the string of letters used in the search.
- First or Preferred Name: Entering a first or preferred name is OPTIONAL. If you enter a partial first or preferred name, the results will include a list of people whose first or preferred name contains the letters used in the search.
- Faculty/Staff/Student: Both boxes default as checked, indicating the name search will be performed on both the faculty/staff and student records. To narrow your search, uncheck one of the boxes. (You must check either Faculty/Staff, Student, or both to search on name.)
- The maximum number of individuals that will return as a result of your search is 50. If the individual you are looking for is not included in the list of 50, expand your search criteria and search again.
- If the results of the search include more than one individual, the names will appear in a LIST. For faculty/staff, the list includes a department name and work phone and e-mail address, if provided. For students, the list includes an e-mail address, if provided.
- Click the e-mail address to send an e-mail or click <
VIEW > to access additional contact information.
- If the results of the search include an individual who is both faculty/staff and student, information will display for faculty/staff and will display for the student only if the student has selected the information for public view. To view information, click the appropriate tab.
- To view information restricted to the Vanderbilt community, log into People Finder using your VUnetID and e-password. If additional information is available, it will display after you log in.
- To search on another name, complete the search fields on this page. You DO NOT have to return to the home page to search again.
Note: If you need your directory information changed, see Changing Personal Information.